Arapiu (Abe) Seymour - Chairman
Tēnā Koutou Katoa
I was first elected to Owhaoko A East and A1B Trust in 2009 and became chairman in 2010.
- Current trustee Opepe Farm Trust since 2013
- Trustee Tauhara Middle 15 2011
- Trustee Tauhara 4A 2A Mountain Trust 2011
- Trustee Te Pae o Waimihia 2014 Executive member of the Ahu Whenua Trophy Competition (excellence in Maori Farming)
- Judge of both Dairy and Sheep and Beef competition
- Judge Young Maori Farmer of the year 2012 - and still current
In the areas of business I am currently involved in establishing markets in the honey industry in Taiwan and recently hosted a Chinese delegation from Taiwan.
I am also involved with the Miere Coalition in pathways for Maori in this growing business of harvesting honey. This again along with Agriculture which Maori as developers in this has an opportunity of being at the forefront of this expanding operation.
I am passionate about te Reo me ona Tikanga and is a guiding principle in all that I do.
Tenei ahau e kare ma, na reira noho ora mai I raro I nga manaakitanga o Te Runga Rawa Naku iti nei